Betty Crocker is a household name. From cook books, to cake mixes and cookies. Many women I know (including myself) own a Betty Cookbook, and for many it's their favorite.
As many of you know my mom has been diagnosed with Celiac's disease which is an allergy to gluten (or wheat). So I am very aware when see any foods that are Gluten Free. I do whatever I can to support my mom, and encourage her.
I had heard the Betty Crocker was releasing a line of GF mixes, cookies, cakes and brownies. I was quickly excited by this because I figured, it's Betty so they have to be good, and inexpensive.
Last night as I was walking through Safeway to get a few things, and I ended up on the baking aisle (shocking, I know) and there in front of me were these boxes that screamed at me "GLUTEN FREE"!! I couldn't contain my excitement and I immediately called my mom to share my excitement! "Guess what I am looking at??? Betty Crocker Gluten Free cake mixes!!!!" She was excited too.
Now, I cannot vouch for the flavor of these just yet, but the cost wasn't too bad. It is more than your traditional cake mixes, but still less than many of the GF mixes I have found.
I might just have to make a cake this weekend...or next when my mom is here for a visit!
Friday, July 31, 2009
Betty goes GF!
Posted by Danielle Hawes at 8:32 AM
Labels: Betty Crocker, Cake Mixes, Gluten Free
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment