
Last night for dinner I decided I was going to be a bit creative with my cooking. Usually I am all about the recipes...but last night it was just me and my brain.
I made cilantro lime chicken!! It was yummy! I marinaded the chicken in lime juice all day (I used a fresh lime and squirted half of it on the chicken) then I added some cilantro. When I got home I started the grill. I put some fresh lime juice on the chicken, and some fresh cilantro and BBQ'd away. It was so moist and flavorful. The lime was just enough and you can taste the hint of cilantro, I will make this again!
Then, I used a recipe from Weight Watchers, it is a Watermelon Salsa. It went perfect with some lime flavored tortilla chips. I omitted the jalapeno, because I don't like them. So it was more sweet than spicy, but I really liked it, Ryan not so much (only because he doesn't like 98% of the ingredients!).
Here is the recipe: http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=115391
Watermelon Salsa
4 cup(s) watermelon, seedless, chopped into small pieces
1 cup(s) cucumber(s), seedless, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup(s) scallion(s), chopped into small pieces (green and white parts)
1/2 large yellow pepper(s), chopped into small pieces
1 large jalapeno pepper(s), seeded, finely minced (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
1 1/2 tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced
1 1/2 tbsp mint leaves, fresh, minced
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Instructions
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Notes
If you plan to make this recipe ahead of time, chop up and toss together the watermelon, vegetables and herbs, but wait to combine them with the sugar, olive oil and lime juice until just before serving.
* Picture from Weight Watchers
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
A little bit o'lime
Posted by Danielle Hawes at 7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment