CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

BBQ Chicken Salad

Last night for dinner I was planning on grilling some chicken that had been marinating in BBQ Sauce all day. But because it was soooo hot I didn't want to use the grill. So I cooked the chicken on the stove.

I really didn't want just plain BBQ Chicken. So I added it to some lettuce. Then I caramelized some onions (cooking them with a bit of butter)and threw them in. Then I cut up a tortilla into small strips and sprinkled them with some EVOO and salt and set them under the broiler until crispy.

The salad turned out delicious! I added some low fat ranch to mine and Ryan added some fat free Italian to his and we both enjoyed the refreshing summer salad. We will definitely be having this one again!

0 comments: