CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Sage Pork Chops


Last night for dinner I made Martha Stewards Sage Pork Chops, they were delicious!!I used a Pinot Gris (or a Pinot Blanc) for the white wine and it worked well (it was the only white I had that wasn't too sweet-like a Riesling or Gewurztraminer). We had a glass of wine and a side of rice to go with it. We both really liked this meal. I would have liked to try the Parmesan Rice that Martha has, but I didn't have the recipe. Brown rice worked fine with some of the sauce drizzled on top. YUMMY!

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/sage-pork-chops?autonomy_kw=Sage%20Pork%20Chops&rsc=header_1

Ingredients
* 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 medium shallot, minced
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried
* 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
* 1/2 cup dry white wine

Directions
1. Season pork generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium; add pork. Cook until browned and opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
2. Make sauce: Add shallot to skillet; cook over medium, stirring until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sage, thyme, and wine. Simmer until sauce is reduced to about 1/3 cup, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in any accumulated juices from plate with meat. Transfer chops to plates, drizzle with sauce, and serve with Parmesan Rice.

0 comments: