CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 2, 2009

Pork Chops with Apple-Cherry Stuffing


When I found this recipe on Betty Crocker (http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/slow-cooker-pork-chops-with-apple-cherry-stuffing?modalclose=1) I couldn't wait to try it! It sounded DELICIOUS! And I could use my crock pot for it!!!

We were a bit disappointed. The cherry flavor was very overpowering and made the rest of the meal a bit tart. I think if I make this again (which I will, because the concept would be delicious with some modifications) I would reduce the chicken broth to maybe half a cup or 3/4, the stuffing was a bit soggy. I would remove the cherries all together, maybe even the apples. I realize then that it's just stuffing and pork then, but I imagine that would be yummy. I would also reduce the cook time. By the time I got home from work, it was cooking for about six hours. The stuffing was mushy but the pork was extremely tender, that it just fell apart into the stuffing. That was yummy. I had very thin pork chops so that could explain the not needing to cook for so long.

All in all, this meal wasn't that bad. I would just make changes for sure.

*photo from Betty Crocker, which looks nothing like my dish did!

0 comments: