CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

Chicken 'n' Biscuits


I found this great recipe at Taste of Home. It's for Alfredo Chicken and Biscuits, and it was a hit with Ryan and I. I did lighten it up a bit to be more WW friendly. Alfredo sauce is high in Calories, so as usual I used the lighter version (which is what I keep on hand) and I used the reduced fat Bisquick mix (I swear I cannot tell the difference...). I imagine if I had used fat free milk instead of 2% that would lighten it up as well. All in all, a new favorite in our house, and I imagine we will be having more of this yummy dish this fall and winter!!

Here is the recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Alfredo-Chicken--n--Biscuits


Alfredo Chicken 'n' Biscuits
TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Ingredients:

* 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
* 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
* 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
* 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1/4 teaspoon dill weed

Directions:
In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, carrots and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and Alfredo sauce; heat through. Transfer to a lightly greased 8-in. square baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine the baking mix, milk and dill just until moistened. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.

* Picture is from Taste of Home :)

0 comments: