I hosted my Sis-in-Laws baby shower last Saturday. I was going for the sports theme, which is the theme of my nephew's nursery. I was going to make this cake for the shower, but I was sick the entire week before, so I knew it wouldn't be the best idea for me to attempt the masterpiece I was hoping to create.
BUT! I did make some sugar cookies that were shaped like footballs and baseballs for favors. I used Wilton's Royal icing recipe. It's basically Powdered Sugar, Meringe Powder and water. I don't know the amounts, I got the recipe with the meringe powder. After reading Bake at 350's blog (http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/), I was inspired to try the "flooding" technique with these cookies. I have attempted it bfore, but not to this capacity. Two and half hours later, a double batch of royal icing, running out of icing (the red is the fake in a tube stuff...which I hate but I had no more powdered sugar for more icing) and several ziploc bags later, my cookies were done. For being only my second or third attempt at Royal icing, I was pretty happy with the outcome. 


Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Baby Shower Goodies
Posted by Danielle Hawes at 5:27 PM
Labels: Baby Shower, Baseball, Football, Royal Icing, Sports, Sugar Cookies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment